2/28/14

Men who hate feminism and Gentleman-Shaming



First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi
One of the great things about writing nonfiction and publishing out for others to see, is the “peer” review you will receive. Personally I enjoy it because it forces you to defend your views, re-evaluate them from another perspective, and maybe even change your previous notions. But other times, you simply get attacked because some people will attack you because of their own insecurities. 

One of the most generalized comments on #Chivalry is how women find it offensive. Interestingly enough, I have never met the elusive Feminist who will insult me for treating her like a lady. What I have met are a number of “guys” using Feminism as an excuse to avoid being a Gentleman.

A few days ago, a “guy” felt that my articles and motivationals on #Chivalry and #Gentleman Behavior were reason enough to go all out on a Trolling offensive against @JamesMSama and myself. Labeling himself as an Anti-Feminist, his core ideal is that #Chivalry relegates men as women’s doormats. My attempts to explain how #Chivalry is about being a Gentleman to become a better man and not about impressing “chicks” fell on deaf ears, serving only to enrage him even more. After he continued with several tweets, a couple posts to my FB group, and two emails to my blog, I was forced to block and report the “guy” to Facebook and Twitter. 

Instead of getting angry about the incident, I actually felt sorry for the “guy”. Something must have happened to him at a personal level to allow his own insecurities and a massive fear of women to lash out against men who are willing to be Gentlemen. I just hope he is able to make peace with this daemon he holds so dear to his heart, which will limit his ability to grow as a man. 

Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

(Extended article on the subject on The Good Men Project.)


No comments:

Post a Comment