10/14/14

The Greatest Danger You Face Is Thinking Someone Else Will Save You.



The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
–Jordan Belfort–
Several years ago, like so many others, I had hit a low point in my life. And like so many others, I whined and bitched about the unfairness of life, about wanting to get back up, and about how bad things were; and I would rant out my lamentation to every single person I could as I played my own background dramatic theme music. That’s till I expressed my frustration to one of my mentors. It was him who looked at me and asked what I expected him to do. When I told him that there was not much he could do, his answer was simple.

So you don’t want to fix your life, you just want to complain and feel sorry for yourself?

That was the reality of my life at that moment. The truth is I had actually done little other than complain, because no matter how much others are willing to do to help you, unless you help yourself, there is nothing that can be done.

Life is not fair, it’s difficult, and it will break you. People will sometimes offer a helping hand, and try to get you back on your feet. But unless you are willing to stand up, no amount of help will be enough. That’s why it’s so difficult to help some people, and that’s why some people can’t be saved. Because after everything is said and done, the only person who can save them is themselves.

We all want to succeed, or at least that’s what we tell everyone. And yet people do so little too actually save themselves, especially from themselves. You are willing to go the extra mile to help others, but how far are you willing to go for yourself? Are you willing to go past the excuses, the lamentations, and the procrastination, to actually achieve your own self betterment?

Here’s the horrible truth. Nobody can save you, unless you save yourself. So it’s up to you. Are you willing to stay on the canvas, complaining that you could have been a champion, or are you going to stand up and go another round against life?

No comments:

Post a Comment